- Registration will be in the WJU Student Union and will begin at 9:30am.
We will begin the program promptly at 11am.
- The conference ends on Sunday, July 28th. Students must be picked up by 11am.
- Be punctual at all times! This shows respect for our speakers and staff. This is especially important when we have designated meeting spots for transportation to and from the Capitol.
- Be at designated places at all times. Attendance is mandatory for all sessions. There is absolutely no leaving the designated campus area without staff permission. Failure to comply will result in you being sent home at your parents’ expense.
- Maintain a respectful attitude toward your peers, City staff, William Jessup personnel, guest speakers, and state capitol staff.
- Be out of rooms by 8:00 a.m. every morning. Breakfast is from 8:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. (On capitol day, breakfast is at 7:30am).
- Be in your room by 10:00 p.m. every evening. Lights out at 10:30 p.m.
- Attend all social functions and meals whether you eat or not.
- Males and females are restricted to their respective floors. NO EXCEPTIONS! (Failure to comply will result in you being sent home at your parents’ expense.)
- Stay with your group at all times. Do not wander or straggle behind.
- No smoking will be allowed at any time during the conference.
- No drugs, except approved medication, will be permitted. At registration, Danielle Cullum must be notified of all medications in students’ possession.
- Electronic equipment such as cell phones, iPods, iPads, Kindles, Tablets, laptop computers, printers, etc., are not allowed. If any are discovered, they will be confiscated and returned at the end of the conference.
- NO weapons of any kind are permitted at COTH. This includes pocket knives.
- Cell phones will not be permitted at COTH. Staff will monitor a staff cell phone that parents can contact in the event they need to reach their student. Please keep in mind that this is the emergency number for all parents to contact, so please use accordingly. For further information or with any questions/concerns, please contact us at (If your student is traveling to COTH, they may turn in their cell phone when they arrive so they have a way to communicate while they travel.)
- Students will be charged for any lost keys or property damage.
- Interact with as many students as possible during free time.
- If you have any problems, see your small group leader.
Note: Any violation of these rules can result in the student being sent home at parents’ expense.